Friday, April 6, 2012

New York Bucket List: Central Park

These photos need no real explanation, aside from the fact that I got lucky and got to head into the park on the most beautiful day this spring had yet to offer. There were so many people just laying around and relaxing, a bunch of performers, and beautiful flowers budding all over the place. I never wanted to leave, but around 6 I had to find the B train to head into the Bowery. I'm thinking one day this month I'm going to have to head back in with a friend and spend an entire day enjoying everything there is to see and learn and eat (i.e. empanadas and ice cream)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks to the Hop Stop app on my phone, I was able to actually find the Bowery and thanks to my own two feet, I found Home Sweet Home, which I've come to learn is some of my friends favorite bars. Happy accident.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Or don't, it's up to you.

Photobucket
Photobucket

After THREE $3 Sierra Nevadas, my phone was charged (thanks to a sweet bartender lady) and my legs were refreshed and I made it to Bowery Ballroom just in time to see one of my favorite bands ever.

1 comment:

  1. The first time I went to NYC it was December and even despite the cold snow, Central Park was one of my favorite places we visited. I can't imagine how lively and fun it would be in warmer weather. I love that last shot you took of the park. So pretty!

    http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You're probably about to make me smile.