Friday, January 20, 2012

Flashback Friday: March 8th, 2010

For my 23rd birthday, Andrew took me to Montauk (my number one favorite place on Long Island). We dressed warm, because my birthday is in March and it's not exactly beach weather. That didn't stop me from kicking my boots off and running into the ocean, but that's just the way I am. We brought lunch and girl scout cookies and sidewalk chalk and spent hours on the rocks under the lighthouse, overlooking the water. It's one of my favorite early memories of us. We had just started dating a few months before, and nobody had ever made my birthday that special in the past. We had a really nice time.

Andrew gave me my gifts in the car on the way to Montauk Point. A mix cd (a large part of my heart is portioned off specifically for mixes made for me), and this Diana+ lens for my camera, which of course I had with me, and of course I took a ton of photos with it once we arrived.

Here are some favorites:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This last one is one of the first pictures Andrew ever took of me. With his iPhone, way before Instagram! Such a creative guy, he is.
Photobucket

This post on abeautifulmess the other day inspired me to add the Diana+ lens back into my camera bag. I haven't used it much. I loved the gift and the thought behind it, but at first I was a little confused by lomography. Mainly because I was still trying to get "good". Now, almost two years since, I feel like I'm good (toot! that was my own horn), and I'm so down to experiment. I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather, and going to Avalon while everything in the flower field is blooming, and taking some more dreamy photos.

I feel like I've been on post overload lately, but I'm going to be really busy this weekend so this is the last you'll hear from me until sometime next week - when I get all of my ducks in a row. I'm assisting & modeling on a shoot tonight, assisting TWO shoots tomorrow (one in Brooklyn! one for a fashion blog!), and then my friend Angela and I are going to try our hardest to get into the I Am The Avalanche/Balance & Composure show in Amityville on Sunday. Wish me luck, on all of it! Gonna need a lot of coffee. <3

1 comment:

You're probably about to make me smile.