Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday Night Ride

Sometimes I'll make a Flashback Friday post, and I was gathering some images to put one together this week, but I figured it was fitting to post tonight, on a Wednesday, to commemorate the Wednesday Night Ride.

I touched on it a bit last summer while I was still testing the waters of food blogging (which I realized was not my thing), but I want to touch on it again. Because it was important.

Most Wednesday nights for the past two summers our friends, and our friend's friends, would meet up in Sayville for a 14 mile bike ride around the beach town. It was always such a positive, motivating and fun experience. Probably one of the most healthy things I've ever been a part of. Sure, we'd stop at 7-11 on the way back and pick up beers for tailgating, but what's a summer night without that? My friends Ross and Vanessa would usually be here for a few weeks during the summer and whenever they joined, I was the most excited. They once rode from San Diego to Long Island! Isn't that incredible? Vanessa is one of the most refreshingly original and inspiring people I've met. Maybe that's why I photographed her most. Ross is a long time friend who I will always love dearly. Anyone who joined usually made my night.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

These nights provided me with some of the best summer memories ever. The route we took through town, the pit stop at the beach, and the ride back up through main street at night was perfect, the company was perfect, the after party was perfect.
These are some of the things I will really miss.

Photobucket
Source

3 comments:

  1. This seems like such a fun event. Getting together with great pals, riding bikes, drinking beers. Nothing better!

    http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These memories sound incredible. Fourteen miles-- what a long ride! My friends and I go rock-climbing every week and have so much fun, laughing, making fun of the others, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ride sounds so amazing! 14 miles on a bike would make me feel so free and probably tired. LOL. But I love bike riding. It's so fun to just be riding. And especially around the beach. LOVE! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete

You're probably about to make me smile.