Friday, August 12, 2011

Ride night & Flo's

I just wanted to take the time to address something REALLY SUPER FUN that about eighteen to twenty of my friends and I do sometimes. It's is a fifteen mile bike ride along part of the south shore of Long Island, and it rules. Last summer this was a weekly occurrence, and this summer it hadn't been until Andrew organized a night for us all to ride together again. There's something really positive and powerful about riding through the streets and to the beach and in high traffic areas in a pack this big. Stephanie and I were talking about it, how not everyone hangs out all the time but when we come together and do this we're all pretty united and have light, happy conversations and leave with such a biker's high, it's wonderful. And hopefully happening again tomorrow night!
The first leg of the ride takes us to Corey Beach in Blue Point, and in order to get there you have to pass Flo's Famous Luncheonette. Which is basically a little shack that people serve delicious food out of that's been around forever. It's always packed when we roll up during the ride, and eating before riding another 12 or so miles isn't really appealing anyway. But recently, three of us went to eat lunch at Flo's (my first time!) and it was everything that I expected it to be, which is delicious.
I had been told that as a first timer I should try the Bates wrap, which is basically a cheeseburger, waffle fries, and some fancy barbeque sauce that tasted homemade. This. Was. Awesome. Not something I'd normally go for at this point in my nutrient-focused life, but it was totally fun and worth the splurge. Another thing you NEED to order, should you find yourself at Flo's, is the "summer blend". Half pink lemonade, half iced tea. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Flo's is open seasonally, so I'll definitely be making another trip before the summer ends. If you're ever in the area, definitely check it out.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're probably about to make me smile.