So yesterday was a bummer, huh? I've been going through something. But I'm back today to shine a positive light on this blog, and my mind, and my life. It's only 5 days into the New Year - it's not too late. It's never too late to grow and improve. So here are some of my plans for myself, one of my favorite works in progress. HAPPY THOUGHTS, EVERYBODY.
1. Be more serious and have more fun. This might sound like a contradiction, but I mean it in that "work hard, play hard" kind of way. I let myself off the hook entirely too often and let a lot of my goals fall to the wayside. I will be more serious in these aspects: Physical and mental health, money management, deadlines. Things that I should just be doing as an adult. I will have more fun by making a lot more plans, making time for the friends that I've made here, meeting new people, and exploring new places.
2. Grow as a photographer. My 365 project is going strong as I'm still growing familiar with my new camera. I really need to start shooting and editing in raw image format. I literally just changed over to that setting on my camera.
3. Cook more. Especially clean meals. Too often I skip meals, don't eat enough, or eat quick and nutritionally devoid foods. I am really planning on putting a lot more thought to what goes into my body. Plus, I haven't tried a new recipe in entirely too long. That's gonna change! My new job is going to free up my nights, and I will be spending them in the kitchen.
4. Read more. It's a bummer that I feel like I'm always too busy to read. I own at least ten books that I've yet to open. My goal for 2013 is to read at least 7 books.
5. STRESS LESS. It's not worth it! It's really not! By applying resolution number 1 to my daily life, and taking time to just breathe, assess the situation, and realize it's not that bad, I can conquer this negative voice that still seems to creep up in my mind and completely blow my entire day.
6. Adopt a dog. :) Maybe. When we feel we're ready.
7. Plan a trip. I don't know to where yet. Anywhere. I just want to go.
8. Drink more water.
9. Save money.
AND BE HAPPY! Because life is way too short.
What are your personal goals?