Saturday, August 27, 2011

That thing you do

I've been working on this scarf for my sister. I'm going to bring it up with me to Albany for her birthday. Hopefully she doesn't read my blog. She barely uses the internet (which is something I can't wrap my head around. A nearly 21 year old girl in 2011 who hates the internet? She's also way more productive than me in other aspects, so more power to her.)
The other day, I had some sort of revelation. I've wanted to start focusing on a craft that I can share with whoever's interested. Crocheting is awesome, and I love to do it, but it's very time consuming and I have to plan gifts about a month in advance. With autumn upon us, I started to think of what I could do with my favorite thing (leaves), and then I realized - hair accesories! Went out to the store that day to buy a hot glue gun, ribbon, and bunches of artificial foliage. Right now I'm experimenting with materials, but hopefully if I work hard enough at it I'll come up with a "product" I'm super duper proud of. I've given three of my starter clips away so far, and the recipients seemed pretty stoked. So, this is something I'm pretty excited about.

Just some yummy brownies I made the other day for Andrew and I.

Last night, something wonderful happened. But I'll have to leave you in suspense, until next time, because I'm hungry and it's time for me to prepare some pre-hurricane Irene meals. Everyone please stay safe and dry! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're probably about to make me smile.